News from Philippe in Base Camp

Published on by A. Gatta

News from 3 July:
"It is still very difficult to send email. Shortly, I have made a first acclimatisation climb to Camp 1 (5900m), returned back to BC, then we made a second climb to Camp 1 and then Camp 2 on Gasherbrum 2 (6450m). I came back to BC 3 days ago.

We are ready to attempt the summit, but the weather is really bad with a lot of snow. All weather reports have been wrong so it is difficult to take any decisions. It seems like it will snow yet another 4 days with a jet stream sweeping the summit until the 13th. Meanwhile we are waiting, and some climbers have already abandoned.

I am fine, but of course time is running and it starts to be difficult to make all three summits, so I will start trying doing 1 and se what else there is time for :-)."


News de 3 juillet :
"Il est toujours aussi difficile d'envoyer des mails. En resume, j'ai fait une premiere montee d'acclimatation jusqu'au camp 1 (5900m), retour au BC, puis une 2e montee au camp 1 puis au camp 2 (6450m) du G2. Je suis rentre au BC il y a 3 jours.

On est prêt pour le sommet mais la meteo est vraiment mauvaise avec beaucoup de neige. Toutes les previsions sont fausses et il est donc difficile de prendre une decision. Pour l'instant il semble qu'il va neiger encore 4 jours sans parler du jet stream qui devrait balayer les sommets jusqu'au 13. En attendant on attend, certains grimpeurs ne supportent pas et ont deja abandonne.

Pour moi tout va bien bien mais le temps passe et cela sera difficile d'enchainner les trois.il faudrait d'ailleurs commencer par en faire .1 ;-).
"

Comment on this post