Return to Camp 2/Retour au Camp 2

Published on by Anna Gatta

Hi, we have news from Philippe in Camp Base (6 July):

Serap and I are ready, the material is up on Camp 2 on Gasherbrum 2 but there is too much snow and avalanches to do a summit bid. Right now we have good weather so it is stabilizing. But we will have to do the trail all the way to the summmit... The other problem is that we have a wind of 60km/h until the 12th. Tomorrow (7 July) we go up to Camp 1 and 2 to keep our already achieved acclimatization, then we go back to Base Camp to wait for good weather. I am feeling good and we eat well so don't worry.


Bonjour, nous avons des nouvelles de Philippe du Camp Base (6 juillet) :

Serap et moi sommes prêt, le materiel a ete monte au C2 du G2 mais il y a trop de neige et de risque d'avalanche pour tenter le sommet. Ca se stabilise avec le beau temps actuel. Il restera quand meme a faire la trace pour le sommet. L'autre probleme c'est qu'il y a 60 km/h de vent prévu jusqu'au 12. Demain (7/7) on monte au C1 ou au C2 pour garder l'acclimatation puis on resdescend pour attendre un créneau. Je vais bien et on mange bien donc pas de souci.

Photo : The Gasherbrum 2 summit pyramid to the right with the ice fall below. Le sommet pyramide de Gasherbrum 2 à droit avec l'ice fall dessous.

Comment on this post